Grain-Free Cheese Waffles
A simple 3-ingredient cheese waffle or chaffle made with eggs, Autumn’s GoldTM grain free pancake & baking mix and mozzarella cheese makes a satisfying breakfast.
Gluten Free and Grain Free!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Autumn's GoldTM grain free pancake & baking mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4oz)
- Heat waffle maker; lightly brush with cooking oil, if necessary. In medium bowl, beat eggs and Autumn’s GoldTM mix until blended. Stir in cheese until coated.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter onto center of hot waffle maker; evenly spread batter (may not reach edges). (Waffle makers vary in size, check manufacturer’s directions for recommended amount of batter.) Close lid of waffle maker. Bake as directed by manufacturer or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown; carefully remove waffle. Repeat with remaining batter.
- The best way to measure baking mix is to first stir the mix a bit before spooning into the dry measuring cup. Fill until heaping, and then sweep the excess off the top with the flat edge of a butter knife.
- Cooking Grain Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is grain free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
1 Waffle: Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 230); Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 225mg; Sodium 490mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g); Protein 23g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 45%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 3 Medium-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 0.5