Grain-Free Lemon-Almond Cake
Simple to make and bake–moist, dense grain-free almond cake flavored with lemon zest.
Gluten Free and Grain Free!
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted or ghee, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 cups Autumn's GoldTM grain free pancake & baking mix
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, melted butter, eggs and lemon zest with whisk until blended. Beat in Autumn’s GoldTM mix until smooth. Pour batter into pan; spread evenly.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, at least 4 hours.
- To serve, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in airtight container
- The best way to measure baking mix is to first stir the mix a bit before spooning into the dry measuring cup. Fill until heaping, and then sweep the excess off the top with the flat edge of a butter knife.
- Ghee or clarified butter is butter that is slowly melted and simmered. The milk solids are removed, and the water evaporates during this process. Ghee is typically stored at room temperature and is semi-solid. For this recipe, measure ghee first, and then melt.
- 1 medium lemon yields about 3 tablespoons juice and 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest. Leftover citrus juice? Store in the refrigerator for another recipe.
- To serve, top pieces with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream and fresh raspberries.
- Cooking Grain Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is grain free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 10g); Protein 5g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1