Grain-Free Raspberry-Lemon Scones
Stir together these easy-to-make grain-free scones filled with fresh raspberries and lemon zest for breakfast.
Gluten Free and Grain Free!
- 2 cups Autumn's GoldTM grain free pancake & baking mix
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted or ghee, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup halved fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, stir Autumn’s GoldTM Mix, sugar, lemon zest, milk, melted butter and egg until blended. Gently stir in raspberries. Drop dough by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown and tops appear dry, edges are set, and instant read thermometer inserted in the side of scone reads at least 190°F. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 1 hour before serving. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- Grain-free baked goods bake up differently than wheat flour-based baked goods, and it may be hard to tell when baked through, because they brown differently. We found for best results, to take the internal temperature of the scone to see if it is baked through.
- The best way to measure baking mix is to first stir the mix a bit before spooning into the dry measuring cup. Fill until heaping, and then sweep the excess off the top with the flat edge of a butter knife.
- Try spraying the 1/4 cup measuring cup with cooking spray before scooping the scone dough, for easy removal.
- Cooking Grain Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is grain free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
1 Scone: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 7g); Protein 6g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1